Sometimes you just need a day to "treat yo' self" (see reference here) and treat your hair. Whether you'd like to do it at home or at your favorite salon, here are my some of the things I'd do for my hair on my "treat yo' self" day, along with a book, music, and goodies I'd enjoy while doing so.1. This Davines replenishing butter is made from 98% ingredients of natural origin and can be used on your hair, face, and body. Apply to your hair before shampoo and let this stuff soak in for at least 5 minutes while enjoying numbers 3-6 of this list. You can leave this stuff in overnight too!
2. If you want some in-salon pampering, including a scalp massage, then try a Kérastase In-Salon Ritual. I am a huge believer in deep conditioning treatments, but compared to any at-home mask, these are a whole new level. My hair has taken quite the beatings through the years (hello bleach!) and nothing makes it feel better than one of these specially-formulated Kérastase salon-only treatments.
3. Have you ever had a puit d'amour? I will be forever indebted to Jordan Ferney for introducing me to these little pastries.
4. Listen to Alex Turner's (Arctic Monkeys) first solo album of 5 acoustic songs written and performed for the movie Submarine.
5. Read The Elegance of the Hedgehog. My dear friend Marci lent me this book a while back and I could read it a million times.
6. A good salon should mix you up a yummy hot drink and if you're treating your hair at home then I would definitely mix up something special for the occasion as well.
graphics designed by Becca Clason