The rewards you can get from a study abroad in Australia program are truly countless. Suddenly, you will truly be a global citizen with an international attitude, something that will serve you well in your career as well. Not just that, however, but you will also build lifelong memories and friendships.
However, a lot of students don’t consider studying abroad as an option because they think it is too expensive and much too hard to actually complete. Yet, if they were to work together with an education agent, they would quickly find that it is actually affordable and very easy to do. Let’s take a look at some key tips to be aware of.
Why Consider a Study Abroad in Australia Program?
There are lots of good reasons to study abroad, including:
- Learning a new language, although this is unlikely to be the case in Australia, unless you manage to become friends with Aboriginals, who speak a number of different languages. That said, you can be fascinated by the accent people have “down under”.
- Practical experience, particularly if you decide to work and study at the same time. On a student visa, you can work 20 hours per week in Australia to supplement your income, which is more than enough, since you are there to learn.
- Career advancement, because you can put on your CV that you have been abroad to study (and work, if applicable), which means you have real world international experience. Considering the increased globalization of the financial and economical market, this is a huge advantage to put on your resume.
- The experience of a lifetime. You are only young once and if you are given the opportunity to go abroad, be that for summer school or an entire semester, you should take it. You will never get that opportunity again and you will regret it later on in life.
How to Find an Education Agent
The best way to make sure you have a good, stress-free experience while studying abroad, is by going through an education agent. Parents also usually prefer this, because they are concerned about their children being halfway across the globe. It is important, however, that you work with a good agent to help you facilitate your trip. Some of the things to look for include:
- That they are a member of the relevant professional organizations, such as the Qualified Education Agent Counselor Database, or QEACP, which covers Australia.
- That they have offices both in this country and in the one you want to study in.
- That they provide good advice on the various educational institutions that are available in your host country.
- That they come recommended by others who have used their services in the past.
With the above four tips, you should be able to find a good education agent to help you with your study abroad program. Before you know it, you will be ready to head off on the adventure of a lifetime!